2005-04-26

 

In the moodle for learning

Intro

After a very interesting read, I decided to investigate the use of Moodle in South Africa, and to my surprise I found some very interesting sites.

What is Moodle?

From the Moodle site: "Moodle is a course management system (CMS) - a free, Open Source software package designed using sound pedagogical principles, to help educators create effective online learning communities. You can download and use it on any computer you have handy (including webhosts), yet it can scale from a single-teacher site to a 40,000-student University. This site itself is created using Moodle, so check out the Moodle Features demos, the Demonstration Courses or read the latest Moodle Buzz."

South African Sites running Moodle

There are especially two I would like to highlight:


This is awesome! I belief that Moodle can provide a very good platform for many companies to train people to use their products. Imagine if a bank can provide online training to it's customers on it's products and services...

Final Thoughts

I am very excited about this discovery, and I belief that Moodle did not yet receive the media attention it deserves. A very good Open Source project indeed!

Happy Moodling !

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?